Join now

Traveling and Moving to Mumbai with Pet

Hi All,

I am moving to Mumbai for the next phase of my professional career. My office will be set up in Andheri West and I will be in Mumbai for Protected content for my project.

I will be bringing my cat with me. I am flying from NYC. I was hoping I could get some insight into the moving process:

1. Which is the best international airline to fly with a pet? Since it's over 12 hours, I was wondering to get some advice on the best travel route and airline for my cat. Can I do layovers to give the little guy a break during travel? Is there related paperwork. Obviously, He is getting all his shots and I will make sure all his medical paperwork up to date.

2. I've heard it's difficult for a single guy to get an apartment who eats non-veg and who works in the film business. Most of the usual resources have proven that unfortunate theory correct (99acres, olx, etc). If anyone could recommend a reliable broker who can help me with finding a cat-friendly apartment in Andheri west, I would be eternally grateful. Also, any tips for the initial move and food recs would be much appreciated!

Lastly, hope to make some new friends in Mumbai!

Thanks in advance,
Cyril

Mumbai Forum

Our Global Partners