Join now

Any good songwriter/singer in town? (Munich)

Views

Hi there, first of all: Happy New Year!!

I probably need to introduce myself first. I'm actually from Munich Protected content old), born and bred, and became a member in this community to hook up with people from elsewhere :)
Being a musician (guitarist), I figured there have to be be other musicians on here too, who are desperate to play some music in Munich.

So here's the thing:
I'm looking for a songwriter/singer, (preferably native English speaker, but if you think you can pull it off, it would be a huge waste not to try it:)
who'd be up for writing some tunes and recording them (recording facilities available, including proper big studio)

Stylistically I'd be going for some nice Blues-Rock, Southern Rock, Country Rock, think Blackberry Smoke, Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, Molly Hatchet (minus Bobby Ingrams ridiculous hair :)
No frills, loud and honest, 2 guitars, drums, keyboard (Hammond), bass and vocals that do the style justice. That kinda stuff, you know.
I’m totally open for other influences too, if they fit the genre somehow. It’s about finding our own voice.

None of this exists in Munich (not as far as I'm aware, certainly not in amazing quality) and after years of playing in function bands I'm just tired of it. Most Munich musicians seem to only play cover songs on Weddings and corporate gigs nowadays.

However, I totally dig the aforementioned styles, I can hang my guitar low and wear a checkered shirt (sorry for the silly clichés ;) , but unfortunately my own songwriting is somehow lacking :(

So if you can write a good tune and sing it (while wearing a cowboy hat with confidence, hehe ;) I'll be the one supplying those guitar riffs and all the rest! Apart from playing Guitar I do arrange and produce music, so we could get plenty done before we even have to think about getting more people involved.

The plan would be to produce a number of good tunes and then find musicians to bring the stuff into the studio and later onto a stage. I do know good people, so if it doesn’t look like a waste of time, they might well be up for it!

I strongly believe, as long as it's good, there will always be a stage for us, but that means good preparation, good recordings, good everything!

I do want to invest some work into this project and play live, however making huge amounts of money isn’t the first priority. If it comes later, that’s fine, but I’m not doing this particular project for money!
It really is time for some good music in Munich!

So if this text has inspired you, please do get in touch and we can get to know each-other, check out ideas or whatever is the best first step to get thing thing rolling.

Until then, I’m reeeaally looking forward to you guys, cos this could turn into something really cool!

Take care, Eiko
Protected content

Munich Forum

Our Global Partners