Join now

Study Autonomous Driving - Looking for USAmericans (Munich)

Views

Hello,

I am Deike Albers, a PhD candidate at the Technical University of Munich. I conduct research on the usability of automated driving systems. My focus is on culture affecting expectations and requirements towards human-machine interfaces for automated driving. I had planned to conduct a study in California this summer to compare results to an experiment conducted in Germany last year. Thanks to covid19 (and the travel ban) I had to come up with a new plan and here it is:

I'm looking for US Americans living in/around Munich. I want to invite you to take part in my research by trying out a vehicle on a test track that is able to drive itself.

We modified a BMW3 series to enable Level 3 automated driving (--> Protected content . Depending on the situation, the human (you?!) or the car takes over the driving task. I'm interested in the interaction between the human and the car in this kind of situations.

I have listed the key points of the experiment below:

What: Try out a car that is self-driving; contribute to (my) research; have fun
Where: tbd; we're currently contacting several potential test tracks around Munich/South Germany
Who: US Americans living in Germany holding a driver licence (not necessarily German/American licence)
Time period: July - September Protected content
Duration of an experiment: Protected content
Compensation: tbd (no fortune, but at least covers expenses!)
Risks: Study will undergo an official ethics review (hygience and safety matters)

If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas, please do not hesitate to reply in this thread or contact me personally. For more information, you may visit the website of our chair ( Protected content )

If you're interested in participating, please fill out this short form:
Protected content

Thank you :)

Munich Forum

Our Global Partners