Join now

Selling a house in the UK, need UK lawyer witness (New York)


I am selling my deceased mother's home in the UK and have made numerous trips back and forward to organize - so much so that I can't really take more time off. I am now at the point of exchange but my solicitor informs me that I either have to return to the UK to sign the documents or find a UK practicing solicitor based here in the UK to witness the documents.
Has anyone else had this experience? The British Consulate do not provide this service.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!

New York Forum

Our Global Partners