Join now

Expat stories/advice.? (Oslo)

Hi all,
I am finishing my bachelor in Business Information Systems and I am planning to move to Norway shortly after in Protected content . I have been travelling to Norway while I study over the past two years and have completely fallen in love with the country and it's culture.

I am learning norwegian so that I can better my job prospects and connect with the friends I have made more. I am used to norwegian life and weather, so the biggest challenge for me will be finding work as a foreigner. I am british so I know that I can reside in Norway but I would love to hit the ground running with a job/interview in hand.

I do not mind taking a gap year doing labour work or a job not in my field of practice, but this will allow me to gain experience using the language and valuable references for the future.

Does anyone have any advice or stories they may be willing to share, I am even interested in finding a speaking partner that may be able to help build my confidence in norwegian, possibly over Skype. (Any amount of time will help)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tish

Oslo Forum