SONOGRAPHER/Ultrasound Technologist POSITION
One of the largest, reputable hospital, is seeking candidates for a SONOGRAPHER/ Ultrasound Technologist position in their Ultrasound Department.
• To undertake routine diagnostic ultrasound procedures and special ultrasound examinations under supervision as shown in the weekly rotas
• To participate in the on-call and portable shifts as needed.
• Required: Graduation from an accredited program in Ultrasound ( two year training program with Clinical education in a accredited health care setting)
• CPR Certification (BLS).
• Technical competency in General Abdominal/Small Parts scanning, Abdominal Doppler, and general scanning.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Minimum two years post qualification experience in a hospital type setting
• Able to work independently as well as be a team player
• Able to use hospital PACs system, therefore should have knowledge of working computers
• Able t o work with any ultrasound machine in the department
• Performs diagnostic ultrasound procedures according to industry standards, along with department policies and procedures
• Evaluates the request for diagnostic ultrasound services and assesses the patient to determine the appropriate procedure protocol needed
• Utilize equipment and accessories, employ techniques and procedures, perform services in accordance with an accepted standard of practice to generate ultrasound
• Provides patient education in the form of written material and/or verbal explanation prior to, during and subsequent to the procedure in order to reduce the patient's anxiety and enhance his/her comfort zone with respect to tolerance of the procedure.
• Responsible for instruction and clinical supervision of students enrolled in an approved ultrasound program.
• Cares for the patient throughout the procedure according to department and hospital standards of patient care, age-specific sensitivities, and "patients first" guidelines.
• Participates in lifting and transporting patients to and from imaging devices, if needed
• Practices infection control precautions.
• Documents imaging procedures by sending acquired images to PACS system correctly using the appropriate accession numbers for future retrieval by medical staff.
• Monitors stock of supplies in imagining rooms to assure their regular availability by timely reordering, rotation of dated items, and by maintenance of a clean and orderly environment.
• Reports incidences of equipment failure, irregularities in equipment performance, and equipment in disrepair to supervisor as soon as possible.
**Please send in your resume’s no later by the 15th of October, Protected content Protected content