Function of the Job:
The Academic Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to provide student and faculty support for the Academic Department. The Coordinator helps to manage the day-to-day activities for the programs and the department.
Reports to: Chief Academic Officer
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• Some graduate coursework and/or classroom experience necessary;
• A positive, professional attitude;
• Keen attention to details and procedures.
• Strong organizational and computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain past and current course specifications and programs materials for credit and non-credit programs;
• Organize academic materials for the second readers and for the External Board of Examiners every semester.
• Organize course and program materials for faculty each semester.
• Communicate with instructors about classrooms, syllabi, textbooks, approved examinations, and submission of grades.
• Provide scheduling and calendar management.
• Monitor faculty completion of attendance records
• Manage daily communications and respond appropriately.
• Secure end of course grade reports, papers, projects and dissertations and collate and file appropriately.
• Meet with students, instructors and staff regarding academic issues.
• Stock, organize and maintain accurate inventory of textbooks, reference materials and other academic resources.
• Attend Orientation and faculty meetings each semester.
• Distribute and collect ESE faculty contracts.
• Produce academic progression reports.
• Maintain student files.
• Assume other responsibilities as requested by the Chief Academic Officer/Executive Director.
Expected Staff Attitudes and Behaviors
• Take pride in doing a good job.
• Display a helpful, cooperative and caring attitude.
• Demonstrate courtesy and respect to everyone.
• Begin and end work at assigned times.
• Attend all meetings as requested.
• Complete assignments on time.
Please send your CV and cover letter to m. Protected content