Join now

High quality volunteers needed. (São Paulo)

Looking for work/ can't legally work/ looking for a 'project'/ want to use your Portuguese?

Put your skills to good use and volunteer with me at Ahimsa (centre for children with multiple sensory disabilities) Protected content

I moved to SP about three months ago and found that I was struggling with the transition from a busy office job, to the status of a +1 in Brazil. I also wanted to use my Portuguese outside of the home, cafe and bar, and really immerse myself. I recently started volunteering two afternoons a week at Ahimsa; working as a teaching assistant and also as a consultant - supporting the centre to remain sustainable and to move forward.

The centre/school in Vila Mariana that is the only one in SP that supports families and schools who have children with multiple sensory disabilites. It has a leading programme of education for teaching professionals which works across Brazil, but it also runs a massively oversubscribed school with some seriously dedicated staff and volunteers.

I am really keen to support Ahimsa, i have some great ideas, but i do not want to promise more than i can deliver. If you are someone who relishes a challenge, wants to use their professional skills and experience here in Sao Paulo, or just wants a project, please get in touch.

jake. Protected content