Join now

Job Market Inquiry (Seoul)

I'm Kevin and my family and I are considering leaving the United States. After narrowing down several candidates, we're giving Korea a serious look. In my research, I've learned that most of the US visitors become English teachers, but I have no interest in teaching English.

I have an Associates degree in Computer Networking Technology, as well as a Bachelors degree in Information Security. I am certified by the Committee of National Security Systems, as well as other items. I work for a global company performing Cyber Security duties with a wide scope of experience.

I've heard that the chaebols are willing to pay a premium for English-speaking, western-educated cyber security professionals. I have also invested in the Rosetta Stone Korean language course to help learn the language.

So, my inquiry is if anyone can point me in the right direction for further research. How is the IT industry doing in Korea? As a Security Architect, I can pull a fair wage in the US, approx. 130k a year. This would be equivalent to about Protected content won per year. I'd be looking for more than that ideally.

Thank you in advance for your time!