Production Process Support Manager (Singapore)
Production Process Support Manager
As a key member in the site management team, the Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be responsible to lead the engineering function for Singapore. The primary tasks of this position are transferring knowledge from our other facilities on design, functional specifications, manufacturing processes, tooling, fixtures and other related areas, building up site Engineering capabilities with new skill sets to support day to day manufacturing and product transfer, driving continuous improvements by improving first pass yield, reduce wastes and improve overall productivity.
· Protected content for all activities within the Manufacturing Process Engineering, Production Process Support activity centers and other Engineering functions in Singapore (Sustaining engineering, etc.)
· Protected content and support overall product transfer and NPI projects to ensure successful launch of new product technology and manufacturing processes into production
· Protected content that people and processes are in place to successfully verify design, materials, manufacturing process and documentation for new products
· Protected content all engineering activities to meet manufacturing goals of best first pass yield, cycle time and lowest manufacturing cost
· Protected content product engineering support for qualification of new devices and yield improvement as well as work with customer to improve product quality and reliability
· Protected content the roadmap for engineering team by identifying skill set gaps and deploy development plans
· Protected content and execute development and training of staff and build up overall engineering capabilities
· Protected content capital, operating budget and staffing requirements, develop engineering team into high performance working team
· Protected content that repeatable processes are developed and documented as quality procedures and work instructions and activity centre members have training on them and access to them.
· Protected content that engineering documents are maintained and reviewed on an annual basis
· Protected content that timely and effective corrective action is taken to address any quality issues or issues identified as part of internal or external audits.
· Protected content on key engineering projects to improve overall manufacturing performance
· Protected content and build a strong engineering team to be ready for complex technical challenges and expanding the functional responsibilities
· Protected content familiar with local supplier base, understand various quality standards, and introduce new manufacturing methods and designs to improve overall manufacturing efficiency and productivity.
· Protected content degree in mechanical engineering
· Protected content than 10 years of experience in engineering field with the recent 5 years in a similar capacity from an MNC environment
· Protected content working experiences in Instrumentation manufacturing eg. Agilent, ABI, Siemens, PKI, etc
· Protected content knowledge in sheet metal, machining, injection molding
· Protected content knowledge in problem solving methodology
· Protected content instrumentation or box build experience an advantage
· Protected content communication skills, ability to prioritize and work with cross functional teams
· Protected content strong leadership and bias for action
· Protected content a continuous improvement mindset