Living in Somalia, from Norway
"My job in Mogadishu brought me here, but I found great people to network and stay in touch with on the InterNations platform. "
Living in Somalia, from Spain
"Through InterNations, I found out more about expat health care and development aid in Somalia. Thanks! "
InterNations - a trusted Network for Canadians in Somalia
- Join our community and get to know members of Somalia’s vibrant expat community
- Receive reliable information and exchange insider tips about the Somali expat living
- Meet fellow expatriates at top InterNations events in Mogadishu, Kismayo and many other regions
InterNations – Connecting Canadians living in Somalia
Are you looking for fellow Canadians in Somalia? Do you need advice and tips from your Canadian countrymen? Or would you like to go for a trip with other Canadian expats to discover attractions like the rugged east-west ranges of the Karkaar Mountains together?
Whether you are already living as an expat in Somalia or still residing at home in Canada to prepare your relocation abroad, InterNations Somalia provides you with all you need: Founded in 2007, our trusted community has quickly established itself as the international networking platform for expats and global minds worldwide. Among our members there is also a number of Canadian expats in Somalia, hailing from all across Canada - from Vancouver, over Montreal to Ottawa.
Fellow Canadians in Somalia
Receive Information and Tips about Somalia from Canadian Expats
Obviously, embarking on expat life in Somalia is not only about packing boxes and getting some paperwork done. The regular exchange with your Canadian compatriots is also an important aspect of the expat experience and can help you get accustomed to the Somali culture and people. InterNations helps you meet and interact with other Canadians in Somalia, living in Mogadishu, Kismayo, Hargaisa and many other places across the country. Just take a look at our group of Canadians in Mogadishu.
So, if you should ever feel like speaking your mother tongue, finding out where to shop for Canadian food, or chatting about your favorite team’s latest match, join the Canadian InterNations Community:
- Browse our high-quality expat network to find like-minded expatriates from Canada in Somalia.
- Receive and share advice in our Somalia Expat Forums – e.g. how to find a nanny speaking your kids’ native tongue or where to shop for maple pancakes in Mogadishu...
- Browse the InterNations Places database for Somalia to find institutions like the nearest Canadian embassy and many others.
From the rugged east-west ranges of the Karkaar Mountains to the Gulf of Aden, we’ll get you in touch with helpful and friendly Canadian expats in Somalia.
Take Part in Various Expat Activities to Meet Fellow Canadians in Somalia
Additionally, you are cordially invited to participate in our regular expat events and activities taking place in Somalia. Our events cover various interests and range from a small expat dinner to enjoy the traditional Somali halwo, to big expat get-togethers with hundreds of guests in Mogadishu's top locations. You may also join one of our expat excursions for a weekend trip to visit the Suuqa Bakaaraha in Mogadishu, the autonomous region of Somaliland, and other impressive landmarks across Somalia.
This way, our events and activities are a very nice occasion to meet fellow expats from Canada and around the world in a casual atmosphere. Interested? Sign up for membership and you’ll soon be welcomed with a warm Hello from our Canadians living in Somalia!
- 87% of members have university degree
- Members are 30 to 60 years old (average: 38)
- Members come from 179 countries
- 53% expat women
- 47% expat men
Canadian Expats in Somalia
Click on the map to find communities worldwide: