Accountant in Chiyoda, Japan (Tokyo)
Our client, a US-based industrial corporation is looking to hire an Accountant to join their team in the Japan office.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Accountant is essentially responsible for the support of the business by providing operational, tactical, and general support. He/She provides basic accounting support to the Line of Business and is accountable to help the team achieve overall results.
- Responsible for the full spectrum of AP, AR, CL and account reconciliation.
- Ensure month-end closing and proper financial reporting to Management in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support forecasting and budgeting exercise with commercial team.
- Coordinate and liaise with external parties like auditors, tax agents and tax authorities.
- Support decision making in forecasting and weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting by providing timely and concise analysis.
- Assist with month-end closing activities, financial audits and compliance.
- Participate in planning, forecasting, improving and measuring business performance.
- Provide business support including weekly box score reporting, costing, sales/material margin analysis and operational/profitability analysis.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the Sales, Operations and Financial Planning (SOFP) process.
- Participate in opportunity decision-making that includes understanding the impact to the organization.
- Utilize business cost information to recommend and assist with sourcing decisions.
- Assist with appropriate plans and scenarios to improve growth.
- Actively engage in Line of Business lean improvement efforts, including business assessments, kaizen events, projects, rapid improvement events (RIEs) and problem solving, and participate in strategy deployment.
- Support HR administrative activities such as payroll and recruitment.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting specialization with minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Meticulous and highly organized with an eye for detail.
- Team player and self-motivated individual who is able to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Good English communication skills, both written and spoken.
Interested parties please send your CV to Protected content .