Join now

Housing in Tokyo

Hi everyone!
I will be moving for work at least for 3 years to Tokyo this summer (Aug-Sep) depending on my situation. I have never lived in Tokyo area but I have lived in Saitama as a student. However, this will be my first time moving to Japan to work! I am having a hard time to find an affordable but not run-down close access to the subway. During my search I found a really decent looking place in Minami Senju. When I told my family, they were scared and afraid for me....They said that it is a run down scary place to live...but they lived in Japan back in the day...so I dont know how accurate it is...because last time they told me upper east in NYC was run down and ghetto like...but turns out that was back in the 90s when they lived there....So I wanted to ask people who are actually currently there!
Is Minami Senju really that bad of a neighborhood??? The place I am looking at is literally almost Protected content away from the station next to a gigantic mall area....please someone give me some insight!
Last time I lived there was back in Protected content !
I will most likely come back with many more questions!

Thank you!!

Ju

Tokyo Forum

Our Global Partners