Embassy of the United States of America
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: SEPTEMBER 11, Protected content
NO: Protected content 27, Protected content
TO: Protected content Interested Candidates
OPEN TO: Protected content Interested Candidates
POSITION: Protected content FSN-09; FP-05
OPENING DATE: Protected content 27, Protected content
CLOSING DATE: Protected content 11, Protected content
WORK HOURS: Protected content 40 hours/week
SALARY: Protected content Resident (OR): TT$172,726 p.a. (Starting salary)
Protected content Grade: FSN-09)
*Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): US$50,043 p.a. (Starting salary)
Protected content Grade: FP-05 to be confirmed by Washington)
HIRE: Protected content
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Port of Spain, Trinidad is seeking an individual for the position of Investigator in the Regional Security Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
This position is charged with conducting sensitive criminal investigations related to large scale and complex organized criminal enterprises and/or terrorist operations in combination with exploiting methods and trends developed to wrongfully secure official travel documents.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. Contact Protected content , Protected content Protected content .
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. EDUCATION: Completion of a university degree in criminal justice, law or advanced analytical or technical applied science is required.
2. WORK EXPERIENCE: Four to six years working experience in a professional capacity in the field(s) of law enforcement, justice or security investigative work within the Government of Trinidad and Tobago or experience working with the Trinidad and Tobago system of government in the field(s) of criminal justice, criminal investigations or the federal courts with emphasis on technical, analytical or procedural investigations or applied operations commensurate with criminal prosecution programs with a concept of needs focused on identification, interception or interruption of organized criminal operations required.
3. LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: Level IV English ability (Fluency) reading, writing and speaking required.
4. A valid driver’s license is required.
5. Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Suite mainly Word and Excel required.
6. A good working knowledge of documentary sources of information and familiarity with pertinent local laws and access/maintenance of a cadre of key contacts in government and other like interest required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS Protected content or
2. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 – 24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see section 3A below for more information); plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD Protected content their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
3A. Protected content an applicant is submitting a resume or curriculum vitae, she or he must provide the following information equal to what is found on the Universal Application for Employment (UAE). Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
A. Position Title
B. Position Grade
C. Vacancy Announcement Number (if known)
D. Dates Available for Work
E. First, Middle & Last Names as well as any other names used
F. Date and Place of Birth
G. Current Address, Day, Evening, and Cell phone numbers
H. U.S. Citizenship Status (Yes or No) & Status of permanent U.S. Resident (Yes or No; if yes, provide number)
I. U.S. Social Security Number and/or Identification Number
J. Eligibility to work in the Country (Yes or No)
K. Special Accommodations the Mission needs to provide
L. If applying for position that includes driving a U.S. Government vehicle, Driver’s License Class/Type
M. Days available to work
N. List any relatives or members of your household that work for the U.S. Government (include their Name, Relationship, & Agency, Position, Location)
O. U.S. Eligible Family Member and Veterans Hiring Preference
Q. License, Skills, Training, Membership, & Recognition
R. Language Skills
S. Work Experience
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Management Office
United States Embassy
15 Queen’s Park West
Port of Spain
POINT OF CONTACT:
Telephone: Protected content
FAX: Protected content