PLEASE READ: Please arrive ON TIME. I cannot save space for late comers. Meeting time is 6:30 pm outside the park (exact meeting location and my phone number will be emailed to the group the day of the event). If you are not at the meeting location at 6:30 pm, you are welcome to enjoy the movie on your own or with friends. Please understand that this is a public event in a public space that fills up fast - that is why I ask that you be there at 6:30 pm on the dot if you want to sit with the group. I will not answer my phone after 6:40 pm. Please bring your own blanket, towel or yoga mat to sit on, otherwise you will be sitting on the grass. Please make sure you Google the location and know how to get to the park in advance.
As a reminder - rules of etiquette for my group are:
1. Please only RSVP if you actually intend to come to the event. Your RSVP means “yes, I will definitely be there.” If you are a “maybe,” please DO NOT RSVP.
2. If your plans change and you can no longer attend, click “cancel attendance” on top of the event page so someone else can take your spot.
3. InterNations consuls do not get paid - we volunteer our time, effort and energy to plan these events for you, so please treat us with the same respect you would a friend or family member - if you tell someone you will be there, that is your commitment - and if you’re a no-show, that reflects poorly on you and your character/manners.
4. No shows are no fun and if you are a consistent no-show, I will send you a message and ask you to refrain from RSVPing to any of my future events.
5. For these smaller events, please arrive ON TIME. I cannot hold space or save seats for late comers. I would like to be present with the other attendees and do not want to spend the whole time on my phone responding to late comers. Please respect the event hours and only RSVP if you can make it within a reasonable time frame of the event start time. Thank you!
Central Park Conservancy Film Festival:
Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb – Protected content
Bronx-born director Stanley Kubrick co-wrote, directed, and produced this witty political satire about Cold War politics and an accidental nuclear attack. Starring Peter Sellers and George C. Scott, this landmark film was the first commercially successful political satire about nuclear war. Runtime: 95 minutes.
The Film Festival is free. Tickets are not required.
Gates open at 6:30 pm.
Pre-show programming and music from 6:30 pm. Movie starts at dusk.
All movies are open captioned.
To ensure that everyone can enjoy the films, the following are not permitted: alcoholic beverages, glass bottles, chairs, video cameras, and tape recorders.
Event is subject to cancellation due to weather.
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.