Biking across the lakes: Comabbio, Varese, Lake Maggiore
A pleasant 45-km bike ride across a beautiful area between the Ticino river and lakes Maggiore, Comabbio and Varese.
We'll be riding our bikes along low-traffic and fairly easy roads: elevation gain is Protected content on average, so no big deal!
This bike ride is dedicated to those who want to enjoy both the riding experience and the discovery of the lovely towns along the way.
A summary of the itinerary:
Sesto Calende, Mercallo, Comabbio, Ternate, Biandronno, Brebbia, Barzola, Taino.
Please read the following tips carefully:
- Bring a decent bicycle with gears and spare tube. Gears are useful for some minor hill and the tube in case we have to fix a puncture - no worries, I'll do it for you.
- Bike-specific clothing makes for a comfortable ride: its technical fabrics wicks away sweat and keeps you drier. If you are a hiker, most of the stuff you wear will be fit for the purpose.
- Bring a helmet: although it is not mandatory it's always a safe bet to wear one.
- Bring your own food. We will try and find a place to sit in and relax before a steaming coffee, but I want to be on the safe side.
- Do not worry about the cold temperature: that area gets the most sun and temperatures will shoot up to around 10 degrees at lunch time.
Meet you there! :)
Sorry, but you are not allowed to join this Activity Group!
We are afraid that you cannot join, because the Consuls have limited access to this Activity Group.
If you would like to explore other InterNations Activities in your Local Community, please have a look at this overview page.