Join now

Irish couple with dogs moving to the Netherlands (Amsterdam)

hello all, 1st time user so please forgive me if Im asking something thats already been asked.
Im moving in September with my partner and our 2 dogs from Cork in Ireland and we need help finding a house.
It has to be a house as we need a garden for our 2 dogs.
Arran, my boyfriend is heading over in 2 weeks so I am frantically trying to make appointments for him to view houses.
We dont want to live in amsterdam itself (we moved to the countryside here in order to save money for the move) so we are used to the quieter life now but also because we could never get/afford what we want there.

we dont mind living further afield. an hour from the dam or an hour from Utrecht or an hour from any major city would be good but we dont want to live as far south as Maastricht.

We have yet to find jobs but we will have a month to look before we arrive once we find a house and register in the local town hall so hopefully that wont be too much of a problem.
we are heartily fed up of not working here at home so we will do almost anything (Im very aware of the prostitution being legal-so I wont say I will do anything) for work to better ourselves.
I work a lot with animals and Arran works with jewellery and clocks mostly.

If anyone anywhere in the Netherlands canhelp or shine any light on anything I have mentioned, it would be greatly received information.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my blabbering ;)

Liz. Cork Ireland.

Amsterdam Forum