Join now

Ethnomusicologist looking for employment (Beijing)

Hello InterNations Community,

It's nice to be here. I'm intrigued by this community, and excited to be apart of it.

These days, I'm looking for employment, and have been for a number of months. I'm a bit unclear how to look for a job in my field in this city, so maybe some of you could help me out. Broadly, it's art and culture based.

A bit different than proper Ethnomusicology (EM), my MA is in Ethnodoxology (ED). This field borrows all of the method and ideology from EM to facilitate culturally-relevant expressions of Christian worship.

To date, I have a BAs in Music and Religious Studies in addition to the MA in EM, experience in large and small music ensembles, live audio setup and mixing, daily administrative tasks, an appreciation for beauty and aesthetics, planning and producing small scale concerts and events in multicultural settings, research skills, and an attention to detail. I also have the ability to work in high pressure situations to lead a team to accomplish a task.

Any ideas where a person with this sort of skill set could look for employment? I'm open to relocating, if the offer is good, otherwise I'm hoping to stay in Beijing.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Beijing Forum