Teacher's Assistant - International school Xidan (Beijing)
We offer an excellent and tailor made career path, where you can work and learn from the best.
The classroom assistant is the additional limbs, eyes and support system of the classroom teacher. You are a part of a team that teaches Chinese children English. The children will range from ages 2 through 6 years of age. The classroom assistant must see the potential in every child and have a commitment to help provide differentiated instruction that would allow all students to develop to their personal levels of excellence.
Additional abilities include:
• Understands early childhood development and the learning process.
• Demonstrates the capacity to work with diverse students, English as a Second Language (ESL), and differentiating instruction.
• Excellent English communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to work supportively and willingly with children, parents and classroom teacher.
• Has an understanding of the Virtues Project and/or has an interest in learning how to implement the program.
• Respect for children and their potential
• Understands child development milestones and everyday essentials for children ages 2-6 and helps the child accomplish these, (i.e. potty training, putting children down for nap, helping children with eating techniques etc…)
• Ability to work with children, parents and colleagues from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
• Active listener who honors children’s thoughts, feelings and ideas
• Ability to effectively monitor and adjust ever-changing priorities in order to meet students’ needs
• Experience documenting children’s learning experiences for use in reflection, student assessments, and communication to the learning community at large
• Assist in creating, finding, collecting materials that will enhance the child’s learning.
• Utilize observation, technology, anecdotal record keeping and documentation to assess students’ growth and understanding
• Monitor and evaluate the children’s learning and the curriculum with the classroom teacher
• Substitute during lead teacher’s absence
• Perform day-to-day duties that support the ongoing classroom operations
• Participate in professional development opportunities sponsored by the school
• Actively participates in school activities (i.e. field trips, assemblies, concerts)
• Maintain a classroom that is clean and well maintained.
• Demonstrate attention to: punctuality, attendance, deadlines, compliance with policies and procedures. Most importantly exercises appropriate professional judgment.
• Provide basic care giving duties (utilizing universal health and safety precautions) for students.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
The role is based in Xidan/ Caishikou. If you meet the above criteria and are excited by the prospect of joining the journey of growing a team, please send your Resume and Covering Letter to Protected content .