Join now

How to find an internships in Brussels [Fall 2009]

Hello all,

I am a 24-year-old Master Student at Copenhagen Business School and I will be graduating in June Protected content , with a major in International Business. I have experience in corporate governance, biotech and market research. Moreover I have organized events and participated in selling, promotion and leadership projects while in AIESEC (the largest student organization in the world). I have lived, studied and worked abroad in five different countries, as you can see from my profile.

In August/September Protected content plan to start working in Brussels (job/internship). The reason for choosing Brussels is because I would like to work for an European Institution, as I find it fascinating to actually be there and actively participate to learn and understand how the EU works in different areas. However, I am also looking for companies that would offer internships or jobs for recent graduates.

I would be very grateful if you could give me some tips regarding job search for a recent business graduate in Brussels. How is the job market in Brussels? How long in advance should I apply to companies (for the EU Commission I know the deadline is in Febr)?

I have been following the website but it is still early to apply for autumn jobs.
Should you know of any opening or prospective positions/projects (traineeships most likely) I would be most grateful if you could let me know.

Thank you in advance.
Best wishes for the New Year!

Gabriela Trofin