Join now

Freelance translator, writer, editor (Buenos Aires)

Hello everyone,

I am looking for work as a translator (from Spanish, German and French into English), proofreader, copyeditor, blogger or writer. I have experience translating and editing business and technical documents.

With a PhD in English Literature from Cambridge University, I have taught English at universities in both Europe and the US and have extensive experience in academic writing and editing. I'm the author of the book "Anxious Employment", a history of early journalism, published by Routledge UP. I've published essays and articles on journalism and was joint editor of an essay collection on early periodicals (with Robert Clark).

Scottish by origin, I've led a very international life, living for long periods in Germany and the US before settling in Argentina in Protected content . I speak three foreign languages -- Spanish, German and French -- with complete fluency and confidence. I have amassed informal experience as an interpreter and more formal experience as a translator of texts ranging from literature, through business and technical material, to websites and advertising.

I write a highly popular blog, have experience moderating discussion groups and writing text for websites. I am a meticulous proofreader and a pedantic copy editor. I'm also a confident and experienced lecturer and public speaker.

I like to write from my Japanese futon, with a large glass of cold-brewed coffee at hand, sweet enough to set your teeth on edge (I like my coffee the way I like my men). If you are looking for someone to help you find the right words, I'm your woman.

Buenos Aires Forum