We are a creative web design and development business located in Buenos Aires, looking for a talented Web Design Project Manager to join the team on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will be a good communicator, well organized and assertive, with experience in Business and Project Management and an understanding of web design.
Project Manager Job Description
• Coordinating a small team of web developers and graphic designers.
• Agreeing functional specifications for websites with the clients by phone and email.
• Keeping clients informed of ongoing progress and informing developers of any changes to the development spec.
• Ensuring that projects stay within budget and are completed to deadline. In the event that a client requests additional work, negotiating increases in the costs and timescale of a project, or referring these decisions to a director.
• Business planning.
• Responding promptly and professionally to client emails.
• Keeping our Project Management system up-to-date (we use Access for this).
• Doing a minimum amount of basic web development work.
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Minimizes our exposure and risk on project
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
The successful candidate will:
• Have at least 1 years’ experience in Project Management and/or Business Management.
• Be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing and have fluent English.
• Be assertive and able to negotiate ongoing arrangements with existing clients.
• Be enthusiastic about web design and the internet.
• Have an appreciation for all aspects of website design, including graphic design, functionality, development and SEO.
• Be reliable and trustworthy and have a high standard of excellence.
• Be well organized and able to prioritize different demands.
• Follow instructions when asked to do so and be able to use their own initiative during client phone calls.
• Be able to negotiate with clients when their requirements change.
• Where opportunities arise to promote other services (e.g. CRM), take them, while being diplomatic and appropriate to the situation.
• Be able to accept feedback and develop from it.
• Ability to delegate and keep an overview of the work in progress.
• Knowledge of MS Office including Excel and Word.