Assistant Commercial Manager – Shipping : Kuwait (Dubai)
Position : Assistant Commercial Manager – Shipping
Location : Kuwait
Salary Bracket : As per the industry standards.
The incumbent will join Kuwait Commercial Team. Will be responsible to actively drive commercial and technical activities with the team, relating to Projects, Tenders, Freight Forwarding, & NVOCC Management namely driving the sales strategy, improving our market position and market knowledge, optimizing yield, coordinating on performance/priorities amongst stakeholders.
To profitably manage directional aspects of the service including optimization and retention of cargo.
The role has the overall bottom line responsibility for the respective activity.
Growth of customer base, tactical relationship management with key stakeholders as well as reporting
Planning activities in accordance with the organizational objectives is also essential for this role.
Develop commercial plans for Kuwait
• Provide guidance for local strategy through market, trade and customer segment analysis
• Initiate active engagement directly with customers and understand their supply chain process/needs to provide specific value added solutions
• Manage long-term customer relationships and act as the account manager/sponsor
• Define segment strategies, Drive targets and develop Kuwait specific business plans
• Identify business opportunities (short and long term)
• Actively engage in preparation of annual marketing plan with market strategy, launch of new initiatives, campaign plan
• Able to project short/medium/long term expectations for specific segments/overall country, evaluating commodities/seasonality
• Analyze trends, market profile and competition changes to ensure the principals and management is provided with up to date knowledge of the market.
• Compile and deliver concise reports monthly to ensure that the management is provided with timely and up to date information on cargo volume, change in revenue, and costs.
• Prepare scenario plans/proposals supported by sufficiently detailed financials and commentary so to ensure commercial targets are reached for the year.
• Monitor bookings to ensure vessel has the maximized amount of cargo for each sailing.
• Manage and maintain relationships with the key customers.
• Review monthly results and explain to the management why variations took place when compared to the budget.
• Develop competitive pricing proposals.
• Drive and motivate the Sales Team and Agents to sell in line with the budget.
• Manage and train staff to optimize efficiency.
• Perform other duties as requested by management
Enhance level of market identification
• Identify growth areas across markets, commodity segment and customers and aggressively drive the volume
• Market mapping, identify growth challenges/potential for specific segments or niches
• Improve the organization’s market intelligence through either buying, building or borrowing the information/resource and capturing it in forms
Oversee the pricing strategy
• In accordance with the authority provided, establish pricing guidelines, tariffs in Kuwait
• Proactively implement topline improvements (both structured and opportunistic)
• Improve revenue generation through targeted revenue increases and minimizing cost exposure
• Set, review and drive the commercial KPIs
• Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all Commercial related periodic updates, reports and presentations
• Degree in business, accounting or marketing focus is preferred or a proven track record in a similar role.
• Minimum Protected content shipping experience with a proven business or marketing focus in ISC / MEA
• Highly developed communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Ability to prepare and analyses financial data
• Demonstrate ability to proactively strategies and plan effectively and deliver outcomes
• Proven problem solving skill, with ability to communicate with all department styles.
Who we are looking for
• Ambitious, self-driven and result orientation
• Sets the bar high and benchmarks with best in class
• Able to deliver on assigned objectives independently, remotely and execute proactively
• Strong communication skills
• Visible and vocal
• Excellent team player
• Ability to influence stakeholders without direct authority
• Competent in the various job tools, systems – Microsoft Office
Candidates will be able to develop the following soft skills in the role:
• Leadership (management and influence)
• Extensive Networking
• Team work & co-operation
• Interpersonal skills
• Effective and efficient Communication