Business Development Manager (ME)
Ultra Sports Management Group (USMG) is a new launched agency, owned by former UAE Superbike Pilot and Strongman Runner Carsten (Caz) Winter.
USMG’s objective is to build a platform for athletes who will compete in ULTRA Running events within the ME region. Its key properties include the DUBAI ULTRA RUN, ROAD of PAIN, 4-PEAKS Run, CROSSING BORDERS RUN and the ULTRA Running championship for international competitors.
Currently the planning for the world’s longest, toughest and hottest obstacle run is taking place.
• To represent USMG in every way in the region
• Develop USMG’s network of commercial contacts within the entire ME region but preferably in the UAE
• Acquire new partners, sponsors and host venues for all USMG events in the region (eg all running events), working as part of the Dubai based USMG commercial team
• Identify and explore new business opportunities outside of existing USMG events in the region, either the creation of new events/projects or the take over of existing properties, working as part of the USMG Dubai-based business development team
• Share key information and news from the region, with a Middle Eastern perspective, to assist the Board of USMG in development plans in ME
• Maintain and develop existing relationships with host venues, agencies, clients and sponsors
• Work with Host Venue Managers, Media and Comms Managers and Event Managers of existing events to assist their work in the region, acting as a facilitator and expert with local knowledge for them
• To manage day to day running of USMG Dubai – initially with staff of just one, but with plans to grow as revenues develop
Qualifications and experience ideally required:
• Strong commercial background, including working in sponsorship, with host venues, and in sports consulting
• Sport business experience, ideally in the region, as well as working with international properties
• A deep understanding of Middle Eastern business and the different cultures in the region (we would expect candidate to be of Middle Eastern origin or to have been embedded in Middle Eastern culture for many years)
• Ability to sell in partnerships to brands and host venues
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong existing network and sufficient presence and standing to be able to work at the highest levels (CEO) of potential clients
• Fluent English and preferably Arabic. German or Hindi would be a bonus
• Travel is a periodically part of this role within the Middle Eastern region
• Knowledge and interest in professional running and outdoor sports
Please notice before you apply:
USMG is a new founded agency, hence we will only provide visa after three months in the companyat this stage.
The mentioned position will be a commission based position for the first three months of probation within the company. After probation the position will turn into a fixed salary + commission.
During the first three months you will receive a commission of 15% on every sponsorship you received for USMG.
After probation you will get a fixed salary of DHS 8.000 plus a 10% commission, company car for private use, smartphone and Ipad.
All interested candidates can apply by sending their application to :
Mr Carsten Winter
Event Director and Proprietor, Ultra Sports Management Group