Highly motivated English Teacher Needed (Guatemala City)
Position Function: Teaches and facilitates learning and maintains academic progress, discipline, and records for students at the high school grade level.
The goal for the position is to teach students how to express and understand concepts in English while also encouraging a passion for learning. This is an excellent opportunity to teach English abroad and take part in the transformation of this community.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
• Instruct through lectures, discussions and demonstrations in one or more subjects such as Grammar, Reading, Writing and Conversation.
• Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects, and communicate those objectives to students
• Collaborate and communicate with staff to meet the educational needs of students
• Create, administer, and grade tests to evaluate student progress
• Establish and enforce rules and procedures which help to maintain order in the classroom
• Observe, evaluate, and prepare reports on the progress of students. Discusses students’ problems and progress with parents and staff
• Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops
• Observes, enforces and is directed by the policies, rules, and regulations adopted by the school district
Interrelations: Contact with students, instructional staff, administrators and the community. Will be working with a diverse population requiring the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy. Must exhibit a professional manner and maintain a positive attitude at all times.
100% Bilingual (Native or superior language skills)
TESOL/TEFL training (a plus)
Classroom teaching experience
Speak, read and write fluently in English
Speak, read and write at an intermediate level in Spanish
Excellent personal appearance and people skills.
Ability to work under pressure and high standards of quality.
Excellent work attitude.
Minimal commitment of 10 months (January Protected content October Protected content .
Live in Antigua Guatemala or surrounding towns.
Development and learning opportunity.
Pleasant working environment.
Please submit CV and cover letter to: Protected content