National Democratic Institute -Resident Prog. Mngr (Hong Kong)
Resident Program Manager-Hong Kong
Responsible for day to day management of country and program specific democratic development programs and overall oversight by performing the duties listed below.
• Protected content assistance in day-to-day internal management of country specific regional programs and acts as Resident Representative.
• Protected content program implementation, sub-grants to local partners, and ensuring compliance with financial regulations.
• Protected content to NDI staff inquiries requiring functional or country specific expertise.
• Protected content to the planning, design and evaluation of NDI’s projects for the region in collaboration with local partners, in-house experts and external experts and advisors.
• Protected content collaborative relationships with international democratic development organizations, civic organizations in the U.S. and the region, national and international news organizations, political party networks and partners, and NDI’s network of volunteer trainers and experts.
• Protected content assigned program/country’s annual budget; provides a full, accurate and timely accounting of all funds.
• Protected content political events for assigned country’s/programs.
• Protected content as NDI representative at local and international conferences and meetings and assists with NDI’s public outreach.
• Protected content edits on regional department generated documents.
• Protected content political development and new opportunities and evaluates current projects; serves as “Resident Representative.
• Protected content , guides and mentors subordinates in the Hong Kong field office.
• Protected content necessary steps to fill staff vacancies and orchestrates recruiting for assigned region, (i.e., approves job descriptions, develops short-lists and interviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in International Relations or related subject; graduate degree desired
- Minimum of eight Protected content relevant work experience in international development, community organizing, political campaigns, organizational development, legislative affairs, or impressive experience at NDI. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis
- Hong Kong resident preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, U.S. and foreign government personnel, members of donor organizations, funders, and policy makers
- Excellent oral communications skills to effectively present information, respond to questions and negotiate
- Bilingual Cantonese and English language ability preferred
- Competency in one or more areas of NDI’s functional programs (citizen participation; elections; governance; information, communications and technology; monitoring and evaluation; political parties; women’s political participation) preferred; in addition to a highly developed knowledge of Hong Kong’s political environment and people
- Analytical skills for interpreting complex program and political issues and to think innovatively and introduce new concepts
- Strong writing skills, clear and persuasive and experienced enough to edit all types of team documents
- Functional network of significant contacts and political leaders
- Ability to manage, lead, inspire and motivate staff where results are clearly beneficial
- Experience in program design and how to strategize
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Seasoned budget and accounting skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional and, at times, international locations
Hong Kong, HK
Please send resume and cover letter with two references to Protected content .
David A. Caragliano I 孔德淳
Senior Program Officer, China & Hong Kong
National Democratic Institute
455 Massachusetts Ave., NW, 8th Floor
Washington, DC Protected content