Oxford Business Group is Hiring a Web Editor (Istanbul)
Oxford Business Group ( Protected content ) is hiring a Web Editor to be based out of its Istanbul office. Please find a position description and information on how to apply below:
The web editor is responsible for handling all of OBG’s economic updates (EUs). These are relatively short pieces, usually around Protected content , that are designed to provide more regular updates on the countries we cover. The web editor oversees the entire production process for EUs, including scheduling, dealing with freelance writers, liaising with field teams, and overseeing copy flow.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Assigning EUs to sub-editors;
• Proofing all EUs;
• Working with freelance translators and sending EUs out for translation;
• Choosing photos for each EU;
• Ensuring all EUs for external publication are sent to the correct publications and/or field teams on time;
• Choosing hi-resolution photos where necessary.
• Publishing all EUs on the website, with photos;
• Creating the EU email templates to be sent to subscribers;
• Emailing all EUs to the respective country’s listserv;
• Weekly proofing of tweets and Facebook blurbs for EUs;
• Scheduling and assigning all EUs;
• Vetting and hiring new EU writers;
• Approving freelancer invoices;
• Monthly reporting of campaign effectiveness measures, such as click-through-rates and unique opens.
Native English speaking, writing and reading skills required. Bachelor’s degree; minimum two years’ editing or proofreading experience at a managerial level. Experience in economics, banking and financial journalism is helpful but not required. Foreign language skills, especially French and Spanish, are a plus.
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and CV to Barbara J. Isenberg, Global Managing Editor, by Jan. 15 at Protected content .