Join now

Bandra west, Santa Cruz west or Ghatkopar (Mumbai)

Hi All
I'm new to this forum and unsurprisingly am looking for some advice.
We have just returned from a familiarisation visit to Mumbai as we will be moving there later this year with our two children 7 and 4 years old. They will be attending The American School of Bombay elementary campus in BKC and we have seen many apartments in Bandra West, Santa Cruz west, Powai and Ghatkopar. I understand that Bandra is very popular but have seen a lovely complex called The Address opposite R City Mall with great facilities. It has lovely swimming pools, gym and great playgrounds and outside space for the children. Does anyone know if this area will be 'friendly' to expats, I am told by our agent that it is more of a local place and whilst everyone we have met in our visit have been wonderfully friendly I wondered if this would be the same if we were living there. Also what would the commute to school be like? It is not as far a Powai and Bandra traffic seems crazy so wondered if it would be feasible, my husband will be working away during the week so the school commute and play dates with school friends is our main consideration. Thanks for any advice you can give a very confused Brit!

Mumbai Forum

Our Global Partners