Join now

Be on Stage at the Opera House (Muscat)

Hi all,
We are once again looking for extras for 2 shows
Please read the details and contact Jules Ross Brown. I am not the one you apply to.
Good luck
Have you ever wanted to be onstage in one of The Royal Opera House Muscat productions?

Well NOW is your opportunity to try out your acting skills! After the success of our local ‘extras’ involved in the production of Rossini’s ‘The Barber of Seville’ that came to us from Naples, Italy in September Protected content , we are now looking for five women to be involved in our upcoming production of Bellini’s ‘I Capuletti e i Montecchi’ (Romeo & Juliet) coming to us from Verona, Italy in March Protected content . An iconic story of star-crossed lovers, ‘I Capuletti e i Montecchi’ (Romeo & Juliet) tells of two warring families in thirteenth-century Verona; against their political and personal violence, this is a poignant tale of young lovers tragically kept apart by their rival families.

What’s involved:

Women:
Juliet’s Maids (4 women): Appear during Juliet’s introduction aria and help Juliet with her dress during this scene; wear long orange dresses with long sleeves and maid’s bonnets. Two of Juliet’s Maids also appear as Cleaning Maids during the overture to the opera and are seen cleaning the room and moving some small props during this scene; wear knee-length dresses with half sleeves and aprons.
Age: 20 – Protected content 1m 70 – 1m Protected content Italy: 38 – 42, UK: Protected content , US: 4 – 8 Shoe Size: Europe: 38 – 42, UK: 5 – 7.5, US: 7. Protected content

Juliet Stand-in (funeral scene): Appears as a body-double for Juliet during the funeral scene where she is seen lying on a stretcher and is carried by some male extras; wears a long white dress with long sleeves and head garland. The Juliet Stand-in is also an understudy for one of Juliet’s Maids.
Age: 20 – Protected content 1m Protected content Italy: 42, UK: 10, US: 8 Shoe Size: Europe: 38 – 39, UK: 5 – 6, US: 7.5 – 8.5

Schedule: (Subject to change)

You will need to be available for all scheduled costume fittings, rehearsals and performances as follows:

9th March: Afternoon costume fittings and rehearsal
10th March: Afternoon rehearsal
11th March: Afternoon rehearsal
12th March: Afternoon rehearsal
13th March: Afternoon rehearsal
14th March: Afternoon / Evening rehearsals
15th March: Late morning / Afternoon / Evening rehearsals
16th March: Late morning / Afternoon / Evening rehearsals
17th March: Late morning / Afternoon / Evening rehearsals
19th, 20th, 21st March: 3 Performances starting at 19.00

If you would like to take part please send us a full length photograph of yourself plus one headshot photograph to Protected content with a covering e-mail telling us a little about yourself (name, age, height and clothing and shoe size) and why you would like to be involved.

Successful applicants will be informed by e-mail if they have been selected and / or if an audition will be required. Applicants will need to be based locally and be able to provide a copy of an Omani ID card or Resident Card for non-Omanis and also have an Omani bank account.

Application closing date: Saturday 1st March, Protected content .

Good Luck!

The Royal Opera House Muscat team
Have you ever wanted to be onstage in one of The Royal Opera House Muscat ballet productions?

Well NOW is your opportunity to see the ballet up-close! The Royal Opera House Muscat is now looking for ten men and eight women to take part as ‘Extras’ in our forthcoming ballet production of ‘Romeo & Juliet’, coming to us from Munich, Germany in April Protected content . The Bavarian State Ballet will be presenting this classic ballet version of the poignant tale of ill-fated young lovers, doomed to a tragic end by their rival warring families.

What’s involved:
Women:
6 Young Girls: Appear in Act I scene 1 and Act II scenes 7, 9 and 13. They spend most of the time standing together on a bridge and watch the action in the market place below them; they wear long dresses with long sleeves, aprons, tights, dance slippers, some wear a headdress.
Age: 16 – 24 Height: 1m 60 – 1m 70. Size: Europe: 32 – 38, UK: Protected content , US: 2 – 8. Shoe Size: Europe: 36 – 38, UK: 3.5 – 5, US: 6 – 7.5

2 Market Ladies: Appear in Act I scene 1 and Act II scenes 7 and 9. In Act I they bring on some market props with them and follow the action during the scene and react on it; they wear long dresses with long sleeves, aprons, tights, dance slippers, some wear a headdress.
Age: 16 – 40 Height: 1m 60 – 1m 72. Size: Europe: 40 – 42, UK: Protected content , US: 10 – 12. Shoe Size: Unspecified

Men:
2 Sword Bearers: Appear in Act I scene 1 carrying swords which are then taken by Lord Capulet and Montague for the fight in the market place. They may also appear as 2 Young Men in Act II scenes 7 and 9 along with the Market Ladies where they watch and react to the action onstage; they wear long-sleeved shirts, medieval tunics, long leggings, dance slippers or character shoes, may also wear a hat.
Age: 18 – 24. Height: 1m 70 – 1m 81. Size: Europe: Protected content , UK: Protected content , US: 36 – 44. Shoe Size: Europe: 42 – 45, UK: 8 – 10.5, US: 8.5 – 11

8 Guards: Appear in Act I scene 1. They enter and stand in formation to guard the Duke of Verona as he enters to stop the fight between the two families; they wear long-sleeved white shirts, black leather-effect tunics and long trousers with sash, black gloves, black leather boots and feathered hat. These ‘Extras’ also appear as Stretcher Carriers in Act II scene 9 where they carry out a stretcher holding the dead Tybalt and Lady Capulet, so need to be quite strong; they wear black monk’s robes, hoods and sandals. Three of these ‘Extras’ also appear in Act II scene 13 as Candelabra Carriers as part of the funeral procession; they wear black monk’s robes, hoods and sandals.
Age: 18 – 40. Height: 1m 65 – 1m 86. Size: Europe: Protected content , UK: 40 – 48, US: Protected content . Shoe Size: Europe: 41 – 46, UK: 7.5 – 11.5, US: 8 – 12

Schedule: (Subject to change)
You will need to be available for all scheduled costume fittings, rehearsals and performances as follows:
15th April: Afternoon costume fittings and rehearsals
16th April: Evening rehearsal
17th April: Morning rehearsal
17th, 18th, 19th April: 3 Performances starting at 19.30

If you would like to take part please send us a full length photograph of yourself plus one headshot photograph to Protected content with a covering e-mail telling us a little about yourself (name, age, height and clothing and shoe size) and why you would like to be involved.
Successful applicants will be informed by e-mail if they have been selected and / or if an audition will be required. Applicants will need to be based locally and be able to provide a copy of an Omani ID card or Resident Card for non-Omanis and also have an Omani bank account. Application closing date: Saturday 29th March, Protected content .

Good Luck!

The Royal Opera House Muscat team

Muscat Forum