Embedded Linux Developer-REQUIRED for Perth Client
1. To develop and maintain key components of the Linux environment such as the Boot Loaders, Kernel, Device Drivers, File System and Applications.
2. Perform peer reviews, analysis and testing of developed software
3. Develop and maintain a centralised Build Server with Tool Chain.
4. Maintain existing source control processes and procedures.
5. Assist other team members with their professional and personal development.
6. Create and update technical and operational documentation relating to work undertaken.
7. To work with management and the development team to design and develop solutions to meet the needs of the end customer.
8. Assist other company branches by means of training sessions and training materials and by providing direct advice and suggestions whenever it is required.
9. Develop knowledge and skills on the company’s key products and services.
10. Liaise with external consultants on the software and hardware needs, configurations and associated installations, as required.
11. Keep informed of new developments in available equipment and technologies, making recommendations to management regarding desirable additions or replacements.
12. Estimate the time and development costing of proposed development solutions.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
1. Advanced skills in C software programming and shell scripting.
2. Advanced skills utilising debugging tools including GDB.
3. Proven track record of achievement in their field of expertise
4. Extensive knowledge of Embedded Linux and must be able to demonstrate the ability to build the OS and develop applications
5. Solid understanding of both micro controller and computer systems architecture.
6. Understanding of Perl scripting to an intermediate level.
7. Ability to utilise and modify the specification of Linux package tools like RPM.
8. An established ability to work within a team environment and time schedule
E. Required Experience:
1. Embedded Linux development background Protected content experience) with a commercial product focus.
2. Proven track record of achievement in this field.
3. High level of communication and interpersonal skills.