Business Development Executive - Experienced Only (San Diego)
Business Development Executive
Ambassadorial Roundtable & World Diplomatic Forum
The Corporate Development & Sponsorship executive will focus on identifying, cultivating and
stewarding corporate prospects and donors to support the World Diplomatic Forum's operations, maintenance, and public programs. The executive is responsible for an annual fundraising goal as well as the strategic expansion of the program. This position reports directly to the CEO.
• Researching and identifying corporate partners and donors to support the World Diplomatic Forum and Ambassadorial Roundtable through partnerships sponsorships, contributions, and grants;
• Establishing, cultivating, and maintaining personal contact and relationships with government representatives, corporate program officers and marketing executives;
• Writing, assembling, and submitting government and corporate funding requests, including letters of intent, solicitation letters, proposals, budgets, acknowledgements, and presentations;
• Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of corporate and foundation gifts and sponsorships;
• Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports;
• Arranging corporate meetings to secure partnerships, sponsorships and grant funding and prepare appropriate briefing materials;
• Overseeing timely delivery of corporate benefits and recognition;
• Developing growth strategy for new and current corporate donors;
• Developing giving program for local businesses and property owners.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be able to:
Identify national and international partners and sponsors
Craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
Multi-lingual and international experience preferred.
Must be highly self-motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, creative,
strategic, and highly organized.
Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
Experience using online databases and other sources to locate
financial and philanthropic information.
Computer literacy required, including familiarity with fundraising
Bachelor’s degree and at least five years fundraising experience relevant to the responsibilities.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and salary history to Protected content