We are currently looking for a CEO for a highly innovative digital media company, providing technology solution that powers online fan hubs. It helps artists, brands, celebrities, and anyone with an audience to build social communities. Their technology is designed for and in China, and purposely built to create deeper and more meaningful engagement with customers and fans through the use of gamification and loyalty rewards. It sits on top of and complements existing internal platforms and social network to provide proprietary insights and analytics. The company's current clients include some of the world’s leading artist management companies, lifestyle brands, and talent agencies.
Your main focus for the first twelve months:
• Execute on the Company’s Protected content plan, calling for big top-line growth.
• To create a systematic process around sales and marketing and execution of new clients.
• To decide on growth of core team into management and product development areas as
• Liaise and report with fundraising sources and existing investors.
Your main responsibilities:
1. Sales & Marketing:
a. Create and lead the company’s strong sales and marketing push for new client
acquisition, including composition and presentation of proposals, pricing and positioning, and management of on-going client relationships.
2. Management & HR:
a. Promote culture, values and transmit the vision of the company internally and
b. Recruit, manage and develop the team.
c. Motivate the team as they work long hours on development
3. Financial Management:
a. Planning of quarterly and yearly operational budget for the company
b. Manage the regular composition of monthly financial statements
c. Manage cash flow requirements and day-to-day investments.
4. Fund Raising:
a. Identify and source new investors with the common start-up ethos of ‘always be
b. Liaise and communicate with existing investors for periodic updates.
5. Product Development:
a. Manage the development of the product road map – the product bible.
b. Manage the prioritization and roll-out of new features.
c. Provide high-level context and vision to the project management and development
a. Define strategic KPI's, in conjunction with the board.
b. Inform board on a regular basis of direction and strategic achievements.
c. Evaluate and report on organization and staff performance on a regular basis.
• Between 5 to 10 years prior experience in digital media, consumer-facing technology
and/or entertainment industries, ideally in Asia.
• Excellent leadership, negotiation, management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
• Previous senior roles in sales, business development experience.
• Entrepreneurial and startup experience in Internet businesses ideally.
• Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, and numerical, analytic way of thinking combined with creativity.
• Thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, operating both at a strategic and
• Strong academic degree, MBA or previous consulting experience is preferred.
• Fluent in Mandarin and English.
• The chance to lead the revolution of online engagement for fans and consumers in the
world’s largest (and fastest growing) Internet consumer market.
• The opportunity to come in early into a project and have an active impact, leading and
participating in the building of a game-changing product into a leading company.
• An excellent working atmosphere in a dynamic and motivated team, within a growing
group of Asia-wide ventures and with years of experience to support and help you
• Non-traditional-hierarchical environment, flexibility and quick decision-making.