PKU College - Preschool Lead Teacher - Beijing (Shanghai)
PKU College is a PreK-12 private international school located in Beijing, China affiliated through one of China’s most prestigious universities - Peking University, a top 50 global university:
(#44 – US News & World Report - Protected content
Please see school introduction and course outline below for more information regarding PKU College, or visit our website - Protected content . Be sure to click on the English link in the upper right corner on the website.
We are looking for passionate, warm-hearted, dedicated educators with true integrity guiding our young learners.
We have a Preschool Lead Teacher teaching vacancy in Beijing, China.
Please see below for the current job descriptions, requirements, and contract details.
If you are interested, we would like to arrange a formal interview with you in the very near future via Skype or Apple FaceTime. Our Skype ID: PKU College. Our Apple ID: Protected content .
Please feel free to contact David Flores - Research Director anytime via email or telephone - david.flores@pkucollege / Protected content - Protected content .
We look forward to hearing back from you.
Preschool Lead Teacher
Beijing Chaolai Forest Park (West Gate), Xinbei Rd.
Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
1. Responsible for the reliability and validity of student development in full-English immersion, ages 1.5 – 6.
2. Lead teacher is responsible for teaching all subject areas, teaching one class of a maximum of 15 students; including English, Math, Science and Social Science, Performing and Visual Arts, Physical Development, Health Development, Personal and Social Development. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:30pm.
3. Implements classroom activities, structure and routine aligned with PKU College’s curriculum with autonomy.
4. Positively collaborate with the school’s administrative and academic department, teaching staff, Chinese teaching assistants (English proficient), and support staff.
5. Provide feedback to young learners and parents regularly.
6. Attend on-the-job training programs when needed.
7. Responsible for assisting in organizing and taking part in promotional events for the school.
1. Native English Speaker. Native and valid passport from: U.S.A, U.K., Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa.
2. Hold a Bachelor’s or above degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education.
3. Primary, secondary or early childhood teaching certification from a government agency preferred. Early childhood teaching certification strongly preferred.
4. Have a deep understanding of child development.
5. Positive and creative approach to teaching.
6. Excellent classroom and behavior management skills, excellent communication skills with students, staff and parents.
7. Teaching English as a Foreign/Second Language teaching certification.
8. Previous full-time teaching experience (student teaching is relevant). Previous full-time teaching experience at the early years or kindergarten level (student teaching is relevant) preferred.
9. Passion for teaching very young children.
Contract duration: Two-years. July/August Protected content 2015. During first year of contract Protected content % International Medical coverage provided, excluding major dental. During second year of contract Protected content % International Medical coverage provided, excluding major dental. Paid vacation time: Chinese Holidays Protected content days), 5-working days during Christmas (1st and 2nd year), 15 working days in summer (July –August Protected content . Reimbursed one-way airfare provided at start of contract to China (up to 6,000 CNY) provided if outside of China (reimbursed after 3-month probationary period). After one-year of employment, reimbursed round-trip airfare provided (up to 10,000 CNY). Z-Visa. Housing provided. Free tuition for child to attend preschool (ages 1.5 – 6).
Competitive certified teacher salary and benefits based upon experience, education and certifications. Please indicate desired monthly or yearly salary (CNY).
PKU College School Introduction
Affiliated through Peking University, PKU College School is a set of modern boarding schools including bilingual preschools, two-tier primary schools (Premier Domestic Program and Premier International Program) and international middle and high schools.
PKU College School aims to provide quality education and to develop students’ comprehensive skills, abilities and competitive spirit. We advocate students' love for nature, enlighten the development of their individual identity, build open mentality and cultivate the future leaders.
The School not only features modern teaching facilities and quality teaching resources which provide students a platform to experience Peking University’s profound cultural heritage and to receive an international standard of education, but also enjoys high reputation in the state-of-the-art school management system which ensures the delivery of quality educational services.
Under the guidance of our foreign principle, PKU College has more than Protected content teachers, experts and scholars. Students are developed all-around, with solid analytic and problem solving abilities to face the challenges in life. They are to become the leaders and future pillars of the nation. They will have a happy and successful life.
At PKU College School, we follow the principles of education to develop students into all-rounded individuals. Our curriculum embodies the features of high-end, international and multidisciplinary integration. It reflects modern theories and recent trends in both Eastern and Western education and is in full compliance with the students’ physical, mental, spiritual and social development.
We underscore the importance of creating solid foundations of knowledge, competence and personality. At the same time, we implement personalized international courses to offer students more opportunities and choices. Our Chinese program emphasizes the mastery of Chinese literature. Our mathematics course features the seamless integration of Chinese and American math education. English and arts courses adopt native teaching and learning materials of American primary and secondary education.
Overall, it is a comprehensive, balanced curriculum with rigorous assessment system. All the courses are conducted by expatriate and local teachers. They not only strive to develop students’ academic competence, but also focus on delivering knowledge to its full breadth and depth.
Research Director - International Department
Cell: Protected content
Tel: Protected content . 3535
4F, PKU Jade Bird Group Bldg B, Protected content Rd.
Haidian District, Beijing Protected content