Join now

Work Experience needed: 3x International Y10 girls (Shanghai)

Hi Everyone,

my daughter and 2 of her friends, currently studying in Year 10 at the British international School of Shanghai, have struggled to come up with work experience placings for 1 week, late this June.

If anyone can offer their businesses as a suitable host, I 'd be very appreciative.

My daughter, Madeleine is British, her friends Elin and Eleanor are Swedish and Shanghainese-Australian, respectively. One of them has great Mandarin: guess which?!
They are, each one, level headed, conscientious and mature, as are all International students.

They have told me to mention that they hope to find placements in hotels, fashion (of course), media, modelling, television: but to be honest, at this late stage (and it's always tough to find places for any international kids in SH) they appreciate that they will not be able to just walk into any glamorous role they desire.

It was a hard slog finding somewhere for my son, 2 years ago. Its a great disadvantage (the only one I can think of) for Internationally schooled students.

Please contact me for further information (from BISS) which I can pass on. Protected content

Thanks for reading this and if you have even the slightest idea of someone who may be able to help, please get in touch.

Dates Monday to Sunday (7 days!) on the next to last week of this term.