Both positions are open to the Uppsala office. Do you match the below profile? send me a private message!
Senior UX & Graphics Designer
Location: Uppsala, SwedenType: Full TimeMin. Experience: Experienced
Freespee is looking for a User Experience and Graphics Design professional with solid background to strengthen the team in our Uppsala headquarters. In this position you will have overall responsibility of the Freespee brand, graphical presence and application usability and design throughout the company. You will work with both software developers as well as our sales and marketing team, in order to support the company's fast growth from the design perspective.
- Work with our top-notch software engineering, sales and marketing teams to understand and respond to their design requests, and to proactively suggest new creative ideas and approaches
- Be responsible for contributing to, developing, and iterating on concepts in a fast-paced team environment
- Participate in and contribute to the planning process for new features and international projects
- Develop and contribute to wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Develop your designs by considering live customer data, performed A/B tests and market research
- Develop graphical guidelines for Freespee web, Freespee applications as well as sales related material.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a user experience designer
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to create world-class mockups and graphical designs
- Proficiency in a variety of mock-up and design tools such as Axure, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- The ability to show samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centred layouts
- Fluency in best practices for architecture and design on the web, in applications and sales related material
- Excellent project management skills: planning, managing several parallel projects, meet deadlines.
- The ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups quickly in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- The ability to scope design deliverables accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
Director of Engineering
Location: Uppsala, Uppsala län, SwedenDepartment: Developer TeamType: Full TimeMin. Experience: Senior Manager/Supervisor
Freespee is a product innovation driven startup and naturally development is a large part of our soul and heritage. We are looking for an engineering leader with the skills to both contribute code personally, but more importantly, lead and mentor a team of engineers to build the next generation solutions for the call-based mobile advertising industry.
Your challenge is to oversee the engineering of our products as well as the personal development of the engineers in your team. You will be reporting directly to our CTO and you will work closely with the whole management team to ensure that the products we are building are solid and on time, and that your team is happy, healthy and productive.
This role is very much about two things; People development and Product development. You will most likely review code and can write code as needed. You will be a key technical contributor while at the same leading a team of engineers. Personnel management including weekly one-on-ones, helping to guide and unblock team members on a daily basis, as well as assisting in their longer term career and skills development. You will recruit new team members and make sure they are successful. You will aid to scope projects and milestones into appropriate amounts of work, in aggressive but reasonable timeframes, and drive your team forward.
- Solid, senior engineering skills directly applicable to web development or cloud computing, such as RESTful principles, a background in large-scale distributed system, and experience in PHP, Python, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years in the industry, writing code.
- Minimum of two years as an engineering manager/director or proven track record as technical teamleader for a team with several members. Both the desire and ability to be a hands-on technical director are a crucial for this role.
- Experience in scrum, agile or similar development methodologies.
- You know how to motivate and lead a team.
- Good communication, organization and project management skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-profile, fast-paced startup.