UNODC, Information Technology Service, Vienna
Are you looking for a new challenge and a chance to work in the United Nations? We are seeking a Financial Expert with years of experience in budgeting and costing Information and Communications Technology operations in medium/large IT departments of international companies/ organizations, to develop a standardized costing methodology for ICT services across UN agencies around the world. The ICT Common Costing and Benchmarking project is an exciting and outstanding opportunity for the right candidate. To be successful, candidates will have several years of financial experience, preferably in ICT operations, and ideally within the UN.
Tasks and Responsabilities
* Participate in developping a standardized ICT costing methodology across all participating UN agencies in the world to standardize and benchmark costing elements. The methodology would be based on the International Financial Institutions' Benchmarking studies and Gartner
* Scan thoroughly the accounting records of participating agencies to identify ICT expenses
* Analyse and validate the ICT costing methodology against accounting standards used at the UN (following IPSAS standards and variations based on UNSAS)
* Develop a template for ICT Spend to capture costing data based on the standardized ICT costing framework and facilitate a data collection exercise for the costing information from 10 UN agencies
* Communicate, sometimes remotely, with participating agencies to collect data based on a structured set of requirements (these may include information related to ICT operations, outsourcing, major ongoing projects, their ERP system, staffing, budgeting, their field offices, IT decentralisation, as well institution wide staffing information, spending and accounting standards)
* Participate in taking administrative steps to prepare and conduct a conference of agency ICT benchmarking focal points. Send updated documentation, and coordinate to have as many ICT Heads and focus points participate as possible.
* Refine process, refine template and refine glossary continuously
* Participate in benchmarking exercises at agency locations (Geneva, New York, Rome, maybe others) as needed to refine the costing methodology and provide training
* Produce presentations, plan, draft and present documents that enable clear information exchange and promote reader understanding, clearly expressing and logically structuring ideas, writing appropriately for a large range of readers
* Prepare a written benchmarking report based on ICT spend across UN agencies
* Prepare the training documentation of the costing methodology
* Other tasks related to the assignment
Qualifications and Experience
* Advanced university degree in finance, accounting (an MBA, a Master's degree in a related field, or a Bachelor's degree with relevant experience).
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in financial management and accounting preferrably in ICT operations/information systems, ideally within the UN
* Familiarity with accounting standards used at the UN (UNSAS and IPSAS) is a plus
* Strong analytical skills
* Fluency in spoken and written English is a must
* Knowledge of another UN official language is a plus.
Interested applicants please send CVs/resumes to: Protected content quoting reference: ITS/CostingStudy