Unique & Exciting Internships in Administration & Project Management at the Cancer Society in Vienna:
All of us have about a 50% chance of developing cancer in our lifetime and have at least one family member or friend who has or had cancer. Our goal is to promote cancer research and help speed up discovery of novel, more effective, and less harmful treatments. It goes without saying that all people involved in this worthwhile endeavor will have a sense of professional and social satisfaction that can only be derived from being involved in a cause of this scale and reach. Whereas these openings are currently on a voluntary basis (and accordingly unpaid), Interns that show honed project management skills, a good grasp of our mission and goals, great enthusiasm for the projects, and who are willing to put in the needed time and effort will be prime candidates for employment at the conclusion of their internship. Some of the projects available include:
• Manage and expand partner base (scientists, physicians, research institutes, hospitals, universities, Biotech and Big Pharma)
• Work with IT on optimizing our social media and networking database
• Provide support and management of scientific and medical meetings
• Project management of scientific publications
• Project management of grants and other funding vehicles
• Serve as a liaison with patent legal advisors
Required skills include having completed courses and/or experience in Project and Strategic Management, Business Administration (Accounting and Financial Management, Human Resources & Organization), and/or Business law & patenting.
English natives and those with international experience are preferred.
Please submit your CV and cover letter that includes your motivation, experience, and Monday through Friday availability to Protected content