New Year - New Job (Zurich)
We have the following opening at Groupon International GmbH located in Schafhaussen
The primary responsibilities for this position include supporting the technical framework of Groupon’s global ERP solution (NetSuite OneWorld), developing & executing test plans for patches / product enhancements, and acting as liaison between IT and our global accounting team’s to define business requirements and maintain accounting-related tools.
This role will report to the Director of Financial Systems and be based in Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as first line of support to provide issue resolution for NetSuite application users.
• Support the accounting teams through month-end, quarterly, and annual financial close activities.
• Identify new system requirements, determine impact on existing systems & business processes, and develop appropriate specifications for product enhancement requests.
• Provide occasional training for ERP system users globally.
• Create ad-hoc reporting and queries to assist finance teams and business stakeholders.
• Provide regular updates to management on issues arising from end users.
• Work with operations team to assist with issues relating to Groupon Goods
• Communicate with multiple departments within the organization to resolve any global issues.
• Role will be responsible for expanding the Goods business line in EMEA.
Desirable candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent work experience
• 1+ years of experience in Inventory Management tool
• 2-4 years of experience in financial systems, accounting or finance.
• Experience with large ERP Tools/Applications required - NetSuite and/or Oracle experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – proven ability to effectively translate technical information to non-technical individuals
• Experience of working with remote employees and contractors in different time zones (USA, Asia, Latin America) is highly desirable
• Positive attitude, strong analytical and excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn new processes quickly and manage/prioritize multiple work streams effectively
• Experience building complex reports, dashboards, and scorecards is helpful
• Strong initiative and the desire to see a project through until completion.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills a must
• Experience with Java a benefit, but not a requirement.