Join now

prospects of a civil engineer (Zurich)

Hi guys!
My aim is to work in Switzerland and embrace it's amazing nature. I've been to its many cities, numerous times, and fallen in love, at first sight :) I've been recently trying to land jobs in Switzerland but have been finding language is a barrier for many, if not all, of the roles - I either need German, French or Italian, with English being an advantage. Although I've started to learn German, I don't think I can fluently learn German in a short time. And, I appreciate Switzerland's history and culture and can understand why English is not its primary language. But, I'd like to know if there are any ways around this? Are there any Swiss/multi-national companies that are English-friendly, or that are hiring 'English-speaking civil/structural engineers with strong international technical and management experience'? If this is a tough question (I think it's tough for me), then would you know of a different job/career (not necessarily engineering) that I could consider?
It's been a little frustrating not being able follow my passion. I hope that there is someone out there who can help me.
Any advice is GREATLY appreciated :)
-Tony

Zurich Forum