Join now

"Overqualified" - for what? Your opinion needed! (Zurich)

Hey everyone,

I just moved to Zurich area (about 2months ago), really really like it here. Sent up to Protected content (both German and English, depending on the position)

All I got were two interview invitations - although I did a big research and cross-checking with my Swiss friends working in the respective areas on how to properly write an application in Switzerland. Last week I started to ask why I had been rejected, and I was told I was overqualified. Any experience with this?

I was looking at research groups of ETH (I believe think tanks aren't paid here?), Customer Service, Junior Sales/Marketing positions. Always getting rejected on manager and TL positions (maybe because I do not have Swiss leadership certificates), and even on the entry levels. I have C2 in German, C1 in English, 3+y manager experience in Customer Service (Amazon), own start-up and a PhD in International Relations. I'm 27.

Do I need to start deleting things from my resume? That would be a bit disappointing as I have been working quite hard.. Anyway, I would be happy about any job in education, administration or customer services, as my work permit is now limited (no contract to show to Migrationsamt).

Thanks for your experience and opinion! :)
Have a good one:)