Looking for a Junior Project Manager for GIZ (Addis Ababa)
APPLICATION DEADLINE is DEC. 10.
Send your CV to Protected content if you are interested.
Hi all, I'm looking for a Junior Project Manager to work for GIZ International Services (based in Wollo Sefer). It is a local contract and deadline is Dec. 10, Protected content .
The Junior Project Manager will actively participate in the acquisition, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of business opportunities, projects, programs and initiatives of GIZ International Services. He/she will be responsible for managing the full project lifecycle with technical project missions carried out on site (particularly in Africa). In addition to that, the Junior Project Manager will be involved with logistical support to tender production and office management related tasks. The Junior Project Manager will work with a team of Project Managers with the following responsibilities and qualifications:
▪ Tracking of projects/early intelligence including research of background information;
▪ Active strategic interaction with donors, clients, partners and experts;
▪ Preparation of pre-qualification documents and proposals including identification of experts and partners, preparation of methodologies, fact finding on-site and proposal coordination.
▪ Organization and Management of Tender Production.
Management of Project Implementation
▪ Technical and financial management of projects;Configuration of international project teams and recruiting of national experts;
▪ Support of project teams;Review and preparation of reports;Technical, administrative and logistical support;
▪ Knowledge management and tool development for project implementation;
▪ Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or relevant technical field;international academic experience will be considered an advantage;
▪ Previous exposure to international project management including proposal development, project implementation, backstopping, quality control and reporting; preferably in the implementation of projects in development cooperation;
▪ Preferably some consulting background through working experience in the headquarter or a project of a consulting company focusing on fields of international cooperation;
▪ Preferably initial experience with service procurement and international bidding processes of major donors, especially the European Commission;
▪ High ability to act under pressure on multiple levels of management and communication;
▪ Willingness to travel internationally;
▪ Excellent English knowledge is required; a good command of French or other languages would be an advantage.
Further information on GIZ International Services
Protected content …