Join now

Starting a business in Baku

Hello everyone.

First, I am a UK citizen and have an exciting proposition/product to offer Azerbaijan. It is in line with Government projects and I think it would be a real asset to the future of Azerbaijan.

I do not want to reveal my product at this moment in time but I have a few questions, to see if anyone has ever started a business as a foreigner in Baku?

How easy is it to set up? Do you know how to do it? Have you done it? How much capital is needed when starting a business? Is there a specific ratio of local to foreign employees that has to be adhered too?

My wife is Azeri and I have been to Azerbaijan on numerous occasions. I know what it's about and at times, how difficult things can be made.

I am currently in the planning stage. Initial research has indicated the desire and need of this product and I am really excited about it. I have the fundamentals behind the product and have a vision of what is on offer.

It may be several months before I can start the wheels in motion on this.

Once I have fully mapped out my vision and business plan is in place, I will be looking for a partner or initial investment to help lunch the product.

I can assure you, it is unique, demand will be high and very profitable.

If you are interested or have valuable information which you could share with me on the set up and fundamentals of a business in Azerbaijan, please contact me:

Protected content