Join now

Expecting birth through surrogacy, housing reccs (Bogotá)

Views

Hello there.

I'm not an Expat, but I thought this would be a great place to ask my question. I'm going through the surrogacy process in Bogotá, and my child will be born in the early months of Protected content .

I need an extended place to live with my baby while I coordinate with the US embassy on the baby's passport, paperwork, etc. I am seeking recommendations for extended stay hotels or Air Bnbs. I'll probably be in Bogotá Protected content .

Price is a consideration, but I'm more focused on comfort and amenities with this particular trip. I have visited Bogotá before and know a few people there, but I speak poor Spanish. I'll also be traveling with family members who speak no Spanish.

Ideally, I'm looking for a suite that has two bedrooms with a kitchenette and washer and dryer. Wifi is also important as well as an indoor gym for exercise (if possible). Location would also need to be near convenience stores/supermarkets/Exito, etc. This is not a site seeing tour, so I don't necessarily need to be near tourist spots, museums, and restaurants. An English-speaking staff would be ideal, so I think a hotel might work better for me due to my own language limitations.

I've found several lists of recommended hotels in Colombian adoption forums, but most of these posts are several years old and the hotels are no longer in business. I've reached out to the Lancaster House and Suites, but no one has responded to my email.

I'd appreciate recommendations from anyone who lives in Bogotá and/or has familiarity with the area.

Thank you. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

-Ryan

Bogotá Forum

Our Global Partners