Join now

Teaching in SA (Cape Town)

Hello and good day everyone from Germany,

my name is Henrike and I am about to finish my teaching education at a high school in Northern Germany. Teaching Jobs here in Germany are different from other countries, and after you finish your training, you are looking for a job which, once you got it, is not very easy to change again.

My fiance is South African, and he is still living and working in Springbok, Northern Cape. We've been together for almost 5 years, needless to say that we want to end our long distance relationship as soon as possible :-) He is still studying through UNISA and will therefore have to still stay in SA for about Protected content , before we can settle somewhere.

I would love to teach for a few years in SA, preferribly in Cape Town. My fiance works for the government and could possibly be transferred to Cape Town too. I am realyl clueless though how to find out about the working permits, options, salaries (not that it's all about money, but, you know ... ;-) ), necessary qualifications in order to be able and allowed to teach in SA. My subjects here are Geography and English, but I guess teaching German would be an option too.

Maybe there is someone here who is already teaching in SA, coming from abroad, or who really has some useful tipps for me where I can get more information.

Thank you very much, enjoy a lekker weekend, Germany is getting colder and colder these days, I wish I was in SA right now :-)