Writing and administrational support, flexible hours. Roughly one day per week. R700 per day during a 3 week probation period, thereafter R1,000 after proving capacity and commitment.
A busy health communication consultant requires help on a number of areas of his work. The work will be flexible, but will have tight time-frames. It will range from basic administration through to editorial assistance and report writing. Tasks are likely to include:
1. Assisting the consultant in the timely production of reports.
2. Spell checking and formatting to a high level a number of different types of documentation
3. Helping to write longer documents of various kinds, under the supervision of the consultant
4. Typing out, formatting and neatly presenting audio notes or rough written notes from the consultant.
5. Assisting the consultant in submitting detailed expense claims.
This job would suit post graduate students looking for a good way to earn extra cash, professionals on maternity leave, or others looking to work flexible hours, cash in hand. The tasks will often be fragmented and uninspiring, but all will be relating to health communication in Africa, focusing on HIV. The ideal candidate will live in Cape Town and be able to work directly with the consultant when he is in town.
1. Must have telephone (or mobile) and own computer with internet connection.
2. Must be highly conversant with all Microsoft Office Programmes (especially Work, PPT, and Excel).
3. Must be excellent at formatting documents to a high standard.
4. Must live in or around Cape Town, and be willing to work with consultant when he is in town (either from town office or from a yacht in Hout Bay).
5. Must have excellent written English.
University Degree, Ideally Post Grad in a related area. Writing experience. Experience of producing quality work to tight deadlines.
Send your CV and covering letter to Diana Sanchez at Protected content