Are You Bilingual? Become a Chicago Teaching Fellow!
Looking for a meaningful career in education?
When it comes to student success, nothing at school matters more than the quality of the teacher at the front of the class. Chicago Teaching Fellows is a highly selective program that trains accomplished professionals and outstanding recent college graduates to become excellent teachers for Chicago schools.
With our next deadline quickly approaching, we strongly encourage candidates who have completed college-level foreign language courses or are fluent in Spanish to apply this week, as we review applications on a rolling basis.
Not fluent in a foreign language? We are also looking for candidates to teach high-need subjects like science, special education and math!
No teaching or education experience is required. Each program provides extensive on-the-job training and individualized coaching to all participants.
Participants in our programs:
• Master foundational skills during the summer to lead engaged classrooms from day one.
• Improve quickly with classroom-centered training and intensive coaching.
• Pursue certification while earning a full-time salary, starting at $30, Protected content plus benefits.
• Apply without education coursework or experience.
Qualifications and eligibility vary by program, but generally include:
• Bachelor’s degree completed by Spring Protected content
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
• Passing an FBI background investigation
• No previous teaching certifications
-Master foundational skills during the summer so you are prepared to lead focused and engaged classrooms from day one.
-Classroom-centered training and intensive coaching throughout your first year will help you quickly develop from being a good teacher to a great one.
-Pursue certification while earning a full-time salary teaching subjects – like special education, bilingual education, math, and science – in Chicago Public Schools.
-A bachelor’s degree is required; no education coursework or experience is necessary.
Apply now at Protected content