Join now

PhD graduate seeking a job! (Dubai)

Hi all,

I'm very new here, but looking forward to exploring the site and meeting some of you like-minded people in Dubai in due course. I'm 27 years old from the UK and a fresh PhD graduate. I'm looking for a job - be it internship, traineeship or anything. My preference is for an internship/job in social media/creative industries/marketing, but I'd love the chance to further my skills anywhere.

I have a PhD in Spanish from the University of Nottingham, UK, which I just completed, and now I'm looking to start my career here in Dubai. I speak, write and read three languages fluently: Spanish, French and my native English. I have also previously held a freelance contracted writing position as part of the social media outreach for a brand, so I have excellent written English skills and love to write.

Through running two websites, a Youtube channel and blogs, I've developed an excellent knowledge of social media, SEO, CMS and online marketing to promote web content and drive traffic to my sites. I've also honed my skills to create and edit multimedia content, such as photo and video.

I've got an extensive ten-year background in customer service and public-facing roles, so I know to deliver a great first impression, trouble-shoot problems and deliver results tailored to the client in question.

In terms of my ICT skills, I have an in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, as well as Photoshop and video editing software, and I can touch type.

If you have any ideas for me, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Camille

Dubai Forum