Hi InterNations :)
First, sorry for the long post…
I live in UAE, and work for a company in the theme park industry. My contract will expire in a month from now, and it’s been a few months since I’ve been applying for jobs via different websites and directly on the companies’ websites. I know that networking is what matters the most, so I have been using LinkedIn for connecting with people, writing them directly in regards to the different jobs I have applied for. My CV and Cover Letter have received excellent review, so it is not based on that that I have not been successful yet.
My goal is to find a job in Dubai with a salary that will not go below AED Protected content which will be in the tourism/ leisure/ events/ theme park industry.
• 26 years old, female, Romanian
• Masters Degree – Marketing and Management in Tourism from Aalborg University - Denmark (graduated in Protected content
• Work experience – 1 year since graduation (International Management Trainee – with a rotational program that exposed me to both operational and business development departments) – in my field of expertise, and approximately 6 years cumulative work experience in other areas.
I know experience seems to prioritise in this country, however, my current experience, and having a higher level of education from a Scandinavian University, I trust it would make a difference.
What I have done so far:
• Used LinkedIn as a way of marketing myself and contacting people.
• Applied directly on websites for companies like Dubai Parks and Resorts, Meraas, Jumeirah, Intercontinental etc. and created an account on Naukrigulf, Dubizzle, bayt.com and applied there as well
• Sent unsolicited application for the soon to open Dubai Opera, Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, sent it to people from my own professional network etc.
• Sent my CV to one HR consultant – waiting for her reply.
Your suggestions and advices are highly appreciated it! Thank you all in advance!