Join now

English PhD-educated scientist seeking employment (Frankfurt)

Hi all,

I am a native English speaking scientist (geologist/geophysicist by training) currently living in Mainz and was just wondering whether the InterNations community may be able to help me on my job hunt at all!

My skills/qualifications are:
- Strong science background (primarily physical and environmental sciences) with an MSci and PhD from UK universities
- Experience in the writing and publication of English language scientific material (papers, press releases, blogs etc.)
- English language editing of the scientific work of non-native English speakers
- Lab skills
- GIS
- Assisting with teaching at an undergraduate level
- Knowledge of various subject specific software in addition to standard word processing etc.
- German at A2/B1 Level (I go to German school every morning so it is hopefully improving!)

I am seeking:
- Employment in a science-related environment whether that is a more hands-on lab/research assistant role or in scientific writing /publishing/ press work etc.
- I am also very much keen to 'think outside the box' and would be keen to hear any other suggestions, science-related or otherwise!

My email address is Protected content , any thoughts/suggestions or job offers would be very gratefully received!

Many thanks,

Dr Gemma Smith

Frankfurt Forum