Join now

Beautiful 2-bdrm apartment avail. Sept. 1 downtown (Guadalajara)

I am sad to say that our friend Stuart Schwartz will be leaving Mexico at the end of August. He will be doing a book tour in the US for several weeks, then he is off to his next international adventure. I wish him the best! This also means that I am helping to look for a new neighbor.

Caveat: Due to a technicality, they cannot offer the apartment to Mexican citizens. Anyone moving in must be a foreigner.

The location is close to Refugio subway station, Templo Santuario, and the Migración office, which is very helpful if you forgot to bring some document with you.

It’s a great apartment, as are the landlords (an American / Canadian couple).

I have lived here (next door to this apartment) for almost 2 years, and I love it. The rent is also fixed, so no surprises from a Mexican landlord telling you that you will suddenly be paying more.

Here is the official ad:
Upscale large furnished 2-bdrm apt. in a restored colonial with 4-meter ceilings on a no bus street in the romantic ambiance of El Cento.
King bed in master with AC & queen guest bdrm. Chef's kitchen fully stocked with appliances and cookware, office/dressing room, & 1½ baths.
Lots of closets, storage & laundry rm. Large interior patio / garden with fountain.
Close to everything, including famed Alcalde market; best produce in GDL.
Furnished down to the last detail by an artist/interior designer. A must see at $450 USD per month.

I have pictures on Dropbox. If you would like to look at the pictures, send me your e-mail address so I can send you the links. For those of you who are also on the MEXPAT Facebook page, pictures are uploaded there, too.

Guadalajara Forum